Biological Relationship Subject-Matter Expert
Michelle Marie Beckwith provides support and input on population statistics regarding paternity and complex kinship issues to laboratories around the world. She has contributed her experience and knowledge in the DNA human identity industry to help plan and organize DNA projects. She continues to facilitate various types of laboratories at the University of Missouri-Columbia with database management for laboratory projects.
- DNA Data Review Team Leader, Hurricane Katrina DNA Identification Effort, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2006
- Consults on the lingering missing person and unidentified remains involving the DNA identification of Hurricane Katrina victims
- Analyst, Washington University
- Human Genome project
- Owner and Co-founder, Paternity Testing Corporation (PTC), Columbia, Missouri
- Serves as the Paternity Section and Bio-Informatics supervisor at PTC
- A DNA laboratory, primarily involved in paternity testing world-wide, and forensic testing and statistical service for the forensic community
- DNA profiling methods (regular and specialized), data analysis, statistical analysis, creation and review of reports
- Supervision and maintenance of the computer network and database for PTC
Career and Educational Background
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Missouri – Columbia, 1996
Resume available upon request.